Join Our Team
We hire the brightest, most caring, and experienced medical professionals who truly love animals and understand the human-pet bond. At Goodheart, we take our work seriously but don’t take ourselves too seriously!
And every day, we work hard to provide the best experience for our clients, their pets, and our team.
As an Associate Veterinarian, your responsibility is to provide high-quality medical care and client education. As a leader in the practice, you will mentor an effective and productive veterinary medical team, advocate for patients and clients, ensure a safe and effective work environment, and improve both the medical quality and business performance of the hospital. You will report directly to the Medical Director (MD), with accountability to the Hospital Manager (HM). Your work will directly support the HM – MD partnership in support of hospital goals.
The Associate Veterinarian is responsible for the following list of essential job requirements. This list may be revised at any time and additional duties not listed here may be assigned as needed.
- Work with hospital team on efficient client flow to ensure an excellent experience
- Foster an educational experience for the client
- Effectively communicate the treatment plan to the client and the team, including cost
- Keep clients informed regarding patient status, results of diagnostics, and prognosis
- Assist HM – MD team in handling difficult client interactions
- Ensure thorough client communication by the hospital team
- Maintain client communication when their primary veterinarian is not available
- Conduct follow up correspondence
- Work with MD to create systems enabling efficient delivery of medical care by the team
- Minimize patient stress while performing high-quality exams, diagnostics, and procedures
- Create individual patient plans based on the case specifics, including follow up care
- Work with referral partners to provide comprehensive oversight of patient care
- Work with MD to review cases, assess skills, and continuously develop skills
- Keep current with the highest standards of medical care
- Maintain accurate medical records
- Work with MD to effectively manage global glossary for quick AVImark data entry
- Respond to Goodheart email in a professional, timely manner
- Participate in modifying and updating systems, guidelines, and procedures as needed
- Accurately charge clients for all services performed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Assist the HM – MD team in onboarding new staff, including veterinarians
Participate in individual staff Leadership Sessions as requested by the HM – MD team
Participate in training, education, development, supervision of staff
Ensure an atmosphere of cooperation and mutual respect
- Understand, participate, and support public relations, marketing events, and programs
- Assist HM – MD team in creating marketing tools and materials
- Actively participate in regular doctor meetings
- Attend monthly hospital meetings; actively assist HM – MD team with content and flow
Professional Experience / Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build long term relationships
- Ability to develop visionary products and services
- Comfortable in high growth environments
- Experience with or willingness to learn budgeting and financial management
- Willingness to learn management and leadership skills
- Practical experience with client relations
- Strong general medical and surgical experience
- Strong enjoyment of client relationship and education
- Compassion toward animals and people
- Hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves mentality
- Strong relationship building skills
- High energy, passion, and drive to be successful
- Aptitude for technology
- Ability to process and respond to all communication in a timely manner
- Fast learner, able to multi-task and be flexible to change
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve
- Team player who can work effectively in a fast-growing, dynamic environment
- Effective communicator in a variety of situations
- Great attention to detail
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Dependable attendance/presence at the hospital is a must
- Allergies to animals must be controllable through medication
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds, walk, bend, stand, and reach during a minimum 8-hour day
- Must be willing to work long or irregular hours under pressure conditions
- Potentially subject to high noise levels, bites and scratches, and hazardous chemicals
- DVM, VMD, or equivalent degree required
- Licenses/registrations in compliance with local, state, and national requirements
- Training/certification in business management, HR, finance, accounting desirable
Goodheart offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
What's different about working here?
- We have fun together each day!
- We call our team “a team” because we work hard to act like one.
- We know you have a life and strive for work-life balance, helping you feel refreshed when you walk through our doors each morning.
- Each Hospital Manager and Medical Director lead the team, foster good relationships, and mentor individual team players.
- We embrace an open-door policy. Quarterly check-ins help us assess if each person’s needs are being met.
- Each team member is encouraged to achieve their personal goals in education, career progression, and/or leadership.
Is there more? You bet!
- Everyone loves our twice-yearly company parties: our summer family party in June and our team-only holiday party in December (COVID changed everything and we adjusted with smaller internal celebrations and team gifts).
- Our team chooses which philanthropic activities we pursue, so there’s a personal connection to giving back to our pet nonprofits including DDFL and Canine Companions for Independence.
- We onboard our new team members into the Goodheart culture during 60 days of training to teach our style, expectations, and methodologies.
- We support our team in continuing their veterinary education: our doctors attend conferences and our hospital managers attend annual leadership and communication seminars. Vet Techs and Client Service Coordinators receive training that syncs with their personal needs and goals.
- We’re focused on developing leaders within our organization. We love to promote from within.
At Goodheart, we’re like family: we truly care about each other personally and professionally.
If you’re interested in joining, contact us today!
Want to apply?
Complete the form below to submit a resume and cover letter to our hiring manager.